Before you go to your favourite makeup store and buy yourself that red lipstick you always wanted: Read this!
It may seem harmless to try the available testers of the new lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara, or any other makeup item when you go to a makeup store. In reality, you are not only testing that makeup product but also trading lethal infectious conditions like bacterial and fungal infections. This is one of the top ways of contracting coronavirus.
With the continuous spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is of utmost importance for us to be extra careful while we try out the makeup testers particularly those products that get in contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth during application. Eyeliners, mascaras, eyelash curlers, eyeshades, lipsticks, lip liners, eyebrow gels and pencils, nose contouring kits and highlighters: you name it!
These products are high touch surfaces. Thus, have an increased risk of carrying the coronavirus, fungus, and bacteria etc. You can never be sure if the makeup store sanitises the makeup testers after each use, or whether the last person to use the product was a carrier of COVID-19, bacterial, fungal infection, or any other type of transferable disease.
Although Nayab Rogue strictly recommends not to use any of the makeup testers available in stores directly onto your face. If you need to see what a particular makeup product looks like post-application. Then we recommend the following:
1) Apply the product on the back of your hand.
2) Immediately wipe the product using a wet tissue or makeup remover wipes once you decide whether or not to buy that product.
3) If you can wash your hands that is even better.
4) Use a sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol in it to thoroughly disinfect your hands.
5) Do not touch any part of your face particularly the nose, mouth, and eyes while the makeup is still applied on your hands.
We hope that you find your favourite shade of red next time you hit the makeup store! But, precautions first!